May 18, 2018

You know you're a fashion lover when...

I took a trip down memory lane and unearthed a post I had written six years ago titled "You know you're a fashion lover when...", listing the many kooky ways I was a devoted fashion junkie. Looking back, I realize how enjoyable posts like that were. The response I got from people who were able to laugh and relate to my humorous real talk made me feel like I developed, even if for a brief moment, a connection with my readers (my post on The Language of Arm Candy also comes to mind as having garnered a similar reaction).

Now that I don't blog as frequently, I try to make up for it by posting heavy hitters. Analytical, comprehensive and thoughtful. Although those type of posts have also been among my most well-received (eg. Boy Meets GirlFix Me, PleaseI Am Not Fashionable), I want to come at you today with something more lighthearted. I always say fashion should be fun -- let me not be the first person to forget that!

So, how do you know you're a fashion lover? Well, let me tell you.

*By the way, I'd like to note that since the first installment of this series, I have acquired another six years of existence under my belt, thus making me all the more qualified to speak to this matter. As usual, these are based on my own life experiences (with some inspired by you, my readers!).


1) ...instead of buying lunch, you ignore your empty stomach and buy a copy of Vogue. At least you've got the latest issue.
                                                                                           - inspired by FashionGeek
































2) ...it takes you an entire year to find the perfect pair of black jeans.



3) ...you abhor a casual dress code at work because you actually love the opportunity to turn it up everyday.


4) ...you look at a pair of raggedy pajama pants and wonder, "How can I style that?"



5) ...there doesn't seem to be anyone looking, so you do a quick runway strut down the hallway.
                                                                                                   - inspired by Claire



6) ...your boyfriend has a picture of you as his wallpaper, and you have a picture of shoes as yours.



7) ..."Tell us about yourself" during ice breakers is a chance for you to talk about fashion.




8) ...you actually expend mental energy memorizing the name of Calvin Klein's new 205W39NYC line.























9) ...the first thing you do after accidentally stepping on someone's foot is check for damage on your shoes.



10) ...you've been blogging about fashion to the vast abyss of cyberspace since 2010 :)


Image Source: Pinterest, LiveAbout, Pinterest, WorkkpartyHeileven, Shutterstock, Business Wire, Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment