December 29, 2011

Good things come to those who wait

After an entire year, I have finally used my $100 gift card to Holt Renfrew.  It was almost hilarious how quickly I decided to buy the item, compared to how long it took me to actually find the item.  But all self-reflection aside, I am a proud owner of a Charlie Jade silk dress.  I can't seem to find a photo of it online, but it is similar in silhouette to this dress:


The print of my dress is almost like a watercolour painting of poppies, and the many nuances of colour on it make it easy to accessorize.  On me, the hemline is just above the knee, and as much as I wish I were taller, the fact that I found this dress in XS is good enough for me.  The dress was on sale for $109 from it's original $189, but I doubted I would find any other item within this price range that would be as worth it as a dress.  I'm hoping to be able to wear this dress in more formal, business occasions, while I try to hunt down a nicely fitted, good quality, affordable black suit, but I still need black pumps before this dress can go formal.  So in the meantime, I can't wait to wear it out more casually in the summer.

Because I couldn't show you an actual photo of my dress, I'll make up for it with a quick look at the Charlie Jade label.  The Charlie Jade label focuses on playfulness and creativity.  Their website states that, "The Charlie Jade girl has a creative soul... a sense of playfulness, fantasy and surprise.  Her passion for prints, texture and color leads her on many exotic travels in search of a unique mix of style, beauty and quality.  She will enchant you, have a laugh with you and never let you down."




















I may not embark on any exotic travels anytime soon, but as is with any dress, you hope that you can embody and transform into the woman the dress creates.

Image Source: Amazon, Charlie Jade

4 comments:

  1. Cuuuuute! I want to see photos of your new dress very soon ;)

    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the watercolor prints !! This dress is beautiful !
    Have a beautiful new year's eve !!!
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the last set of pictures!
    Thanks for visiting and happy new year!

    xoxo Sootjeelina <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should post a picture of how you style the dress! I'd love to see it, I bet it's stunning! Those pictures certainly are!

    **kisses**
    Emily

    ReplyDelete